should I be worried?
Jan 11, 2009
I had unprotected oral sex with a man (I'm male) 3 months ago. A month later I was diagnosed with molluscum, which has since been treated with cryotherapy. Concerned about HIV, I was tested at 7 weeks and the antibody test was negative. However, I am still concerned that I may have HIV because of the molluscum. I'm planning to get tested again soon (at the 15 week mark). Are my concerns warranted or am I just experiencing anxiety after reading information online?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Getting tested at 15 weeks is the prudent thing to do. However, the lesson to learn from this is not to have unprotected sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.