Esberitox N

Hi Dr Ewald

I was given Esberitox N together with some anti-biotics for a throat infection recently. This E-N is said to be an immune booster and I particular found it very energizing.

However, after making some search on the internet, it is said that this herbal-pill is not recommended for individuals who are HIV infected but no where does it say why especially when it is marketed as an immnue booster.

Can you pls shed some light on this please?

Thank you. Confused

Response from Dr. Horwath

The main ingredient of Esberitox is Echinacea. I am not familiar with any evidence about its effect on people with HIV infection.

Do we need new medicine.
pregnant wife tested hiv positive and I tested negative