safe withdrawal from klonopin

I have taken Klonopin for 3 yrs. 2mg. down to 1/4 pill, my Dr. switched me to Symbyax because Klonopin made me feel bad the next day it was prescribed for sleep, I tried the taper about 2 mos. ago and started withdrawal she said I could not withdraw if I did the taper.2 trips w ER and they told me to get back on it I did and the symptoms stopped,so I know it was withdrawal. Yesterday she changed me to Symbyax 6mg/25 mg she assured me this was a safe way to get off Klonopin, I am already having musical syndrome, but that comes and goes to a hearing impairment?

Response from Dr. Horwath

If you've been taking it for 3 years and you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms with a decrease in dose, then the dose needs to readjusted up and the taper needs to be slower. Symbyax will not prevent withdrawal symptoms.

Next question: why stop the klonopin if it's been effective?

Seroconversion and a Dr's Diagnosis
HIV Dementia