Seroconversion and a Dr's Diagnosis

My GP & HIV DR's in '06 diagnosed me as HIV+ and he said that it was a recent infection calling it seroconversion. My question is my CD4 was 330 (cells/microl)and my viral load was excessivly high - was that a correct diagnosis?. He said that I was infected within 3 months of this diagnosis. I accepted this as fact from 2 medical Dr's although it made no sense to me at the time as I was in a steady (safe sex) relationship for 5 years and my partner had tested neg on 2 seperarte occasions after my diagnosis - I saw the results with my own eyes. So I accepted that somehow I had received it in a less than usual fashion. Although previously I had a relationship prior 2 this relationship that may have been more high risk. In 2001 I also tested neg before I started this long term relationship. My question is it possible that I was in the window period (3 months) and tested neg and brought my status into the relationship without really knowing it? And secondly how do I go about informing my expartner in a confidential/safe/compassionate way that she may be positive as well without going against my initial Dr's diagnosis of seroconversion and freaking her out for nothing. Please I need advise from a medical and ethical point of view.

Response from Dr. Horwath

The main issue seems to be that you are HIV+ and you need to inform your ex-partner and advise her to get tested again. That is the ethical thing to do.

Although it was the doctor's opinion that you were tested during seroconversion, at this point there is no way to know precisely when you were infected.

Doubts about and need for HIV information
safe withdrawal from klonopin