Treating Hiv Related Symptoms

Well I'm 16 years old living with hiv... i have had it since birth ...got it from my mom who was hiv positive ... my depression and anxiety has gotten so bad that i am now home schooled and basically have no social life...i basically dont leave me room... what is REALLY bugging me is that I am seriously wasted ...i work out every other day to try to build up muscle but its not working! any suggestions on anything i can take thatll help build my muscle mass?

Response from Dr. Horwath

First, you need to be in treatment if you have wasting syndrome. With effective treatment, your viral load should be undetectable and the wasting may improve. If not, discuss this with your doctor, who can do some tests to see what else is contributing. For example, low testosterone levels can contribute in some males.

You didn't mention your appetite. Are you eating enough? You may need some nutritional education to make sure that you are eating a balanced diet and have enough protein in your diet to build muscle.

Finally, get some treatment for your depression and anxiety. Speak to your doctor about it, get a referral to a psychiatrist or psychologist who can start you in some effective treatment for the depression.

iam messed up
Worried in England