|Broken skin on hands
Sep 7, 2008
What are the chances of contracting HIV through broken skin while shaking hands with a HIV positive person? No blood was seen but suspect dry blood to be present?
Since then I have had diarhea, headache and sore groin but possibly due to serious anxiety.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
You cannot get HIV infection by shaking hands.
Your symptoms are due to anxiety or something else, but not HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Touching Broken Skin?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Touching Broken Skin
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.