paranoid after hiv test
Aug 28, 2008
A while back I had unprotected sex with a girl.It was totally out of character but left me paranoid bout stds particularly HIV. I contacted my local GUM clinic and had a full std test including blood for hiv after 3 months as recommended by the doctor. Everything came back negative but i'm still really worried. Any slight ailment sore throat or otherwise puts me into a panic. I feel like I'm not myself. This worry has been goin on for over a year and a half now. Am i being unnneccasary paranoid.
Response from Dr. Horwath
You can be confident in the results of the tests you had.
You are experiencing symptoms of anxiety, not HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Needle Stick?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.