HIV+ and anxiety

I have friend who has been HIV+ for I believe 4 years now. His numbers are good and he is on HIV meds. His viral load is undectable and his CD4 count is quite good.

The issue . . . he seems to be suffering from increasing anxiety, not wanting to leave his house, make phone calls, etc.

I live 17 hours away. My question is is this common in HIV patients and what can I do to help?

Response from Dr. Horwath

No, this is not a common symptom related to HIV. Your friend appears to be suffering from some form of severe anxiety or depression, possibly agoraphobia. I recommend that you help him to get to a consultation with a psychiatrist or psychologist to get an evaluation. He needs proper evaluation and treatment.

Not Herpes?
Drugs Suggestion