HIV+ and anxiety
Aug 21, 2008
The issue . . . he seems to be suffering from increasing anxiety, not wanting to leave his house, make phone calls, etc.
I live 17 hours away. My question is is this common in HIV patients and what can I do to help?
Response from Dr. Horwath
No, this is not a common symptom related to HIV. Your friend appears to be suffering from some form of severe anxiety or depression, possibly agoraphobia. I recommend that you help him to get to a consultation with a psychiatrist or psychologist to get an evaluation. He needs proper evaluation and treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Swallowing Cum?
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Does Wart Remover Work For The Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.