My husband is HIV POSITIVE border line Aids

My husband was diagnosed with HIV May 5th of 08, his already full blon aids. I am terrefied for myself he was always unfaithfull and careless about getting help and treatment he always blamed all his problems on his prexcisting condititon Diabetes. The last time i had an inconter with him was February of o8 about 4 months a go and so far i have tested negative. Should i be very concern about testing positive later or should i be confident about this results and not be scared to death when i go get retested in 3 months. Is there a posivility that i did'nt get the virus? Please help me im worried and devastated.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You didn't mention when you had your HIV test. If your HIV test is negative 3 months after your last exposure, then you should have no concern about having HIV. The HIV tests are extremely sensitive and highly reliable.

Response to intentional infection
HIV testing and the P24 test