Response to intentional infection

Earlier I saw a post from a man saying he was intentionally infected with HIV. Just wanted to tell the poster in most states this is a crime and it can be proven. The virus can be traced mutations and all back to it's host. I understand there is huge danger to HIV positive people as far as getting railroaded and charged even if sex was consentual. I'm posting just to let the man asking for help know that if you were infected on purpose you can have your day in court. Please dont resort to violence and get arrested. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Response from Dr. Horwath

I would like to add that each of us has the responsibility to protect ourselves from being infected with HIV. That means practicing safe sex and not injecting drugs with contaminated needles. This is within the control of each of us.

This means that by having consenting sex with another person, it is the responsibility of each person to protect themselves. A sexual partner can "intentionally" lie about his or her HIV status, but the other partner also makes an "intentional" decision to have sex (or not) and to use (or not to use) protection during sex. For this reason, each of us needs to take responsibility for decisions regarding having sex and using protection during sex.

Depressed: Infected my partner; legal situations; no job..no purpose..no worth
My husband is HIV POSITIVE border line Aids