memory problems

I have memory loss problems.Is there a cure for this? Ihad neuro testing and was stated to be depressed. I just started new HIV meds my viral 10ad is very high 1200

Response from Dr. Horwath

Depression is sometimes associated with memory problems and decreased concentration. But these types of symptoms should improve if you get effective treatment for your depression.

People sometimes develop memory problems due to the direct effects of HIV on the brain. But for most people this does not occur unless the HIV infection is relatively advanced. The best treatment is an effective antiretroviral regimen.

ARV and Pregnancy drugs
atripla