Landlord resonsibilties to tenants

As a landlord, I just found out one of my tenants is HIV positive. How do I keep my other tenants safe and what are my legal responsibilites to the HIV tenant? Any advise on how to handle the situation with the other tenants would be appreciated.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You don't need to do anything to keep your other tenants safe because they are in no danger. HIV is not transmitted by living in the same building or even in the same apartment. Studies have shown that casual contact, like living together, drinking from the same glass, eating from the same plate, or even kissing, does not transmit HIV from one person to another.

Anything that you do with other tenants will only stigmatize your HIV positive tenant and will not add to the safety of anyone.

Response to "son with new HIV diagnosis
human saliva. contracting hiv