Testing Cyle

I have ready as much as possible about the length of time for anti-bodies to develop enough to be detected and can't find my answer so here goes:

I was tested via Rapid Oral 9 weeks after possible exposure. The results were negative. How confindent can I be in the results after 9 weeks possible exposure with a Rapid Oral test?

Response from Dr. Horwath

You can be very confident in the results. The sensitivity of the oral test is similar to the blood screens used.

However, the main issue here is that you had a "possible exposure" 9 weeks before the test. An HIV test will not prevent HIV infection; it will only detect it if it has already happened.

For this reason, the most important step you need to take is to PREVENT any future exposures. ALWAYS USE CONDOMS DURING SEX.

Pos married couple with neg children
Response to "son with new HIV diagnosis