Jun 15, 2008
I have heard from a stall, people having sex at disco. I couldn't help but wonder how many times in the past this may have happened. I have used the bathroom many times. This is my question, supposing someone who had sex, was infected with HIV/AIDS and they never washed properly or may even have contaminated the faucet. How much risk is there for the next person who touches the contaminated faucet or door handle????
| Response from Dr. Horwath
HIV is not transmitted by casual contact, such as touching a faucet, door handle or sharing a bathroom. It requires intimate contact like sex or sharing a used needle with someone who has HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.