Can I get b ack my sexual desires?

I lost all sexual desire during my 3 years with serious wasting problems. I am now almost back to normal eating and weight but still have no desire for sex at all. Looking at men, including my partner, seldom interests me anymore...what can I do?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Three years with serious wasting can cause many physiologic disturbances. By that I mean that sex drive and other complex processes can be disrupted. Even after regaining the weight you lost, it may take some time for your body to return to normal function. Be patient and allow yourself to fully recover.

Meanwhile, you can ask your doctor to do some tests - like a testosterone level - that may provide a clue to why you feel the way you do. HIV can lead to low testosterone levels, which can result in loss of sexual interest. If that is the case for you, then testosterone replacement therapy would probably help this problem.

hiv+, medicines and no health insurance
Atripla/Depression