Aids and Mental Health

I had aids in 2005, Ive been seeing a shrink but it hasnt really helped, since my diagnosis I have turned from a perfectionist to a person who constantly is beating myself up, I dont know why I do this its like it is uncontrollable behaviour. I live in a constant dark cloud all the time and Im am so emotionally drained that I have a hard time wanting to go on. Im wondering why I do this I think I may have damaged my brain due to menengitis. What do you think?

Response from Dr. Horwath

You are describing many of the symptoms of depression. I don't know what type of mental health professional you're seeing, but if the treatment is not helping and you're getting worse, then you should seek a second opinion. Sometimes it helps to have someone new take a fresh look at the problem. This might lead to a new diagnosis and new treatment recommendation that is more helpful than the current one.

didn't know
Refusing Treatment