atripila adderall

I was recently diagnosed with hiv in april 07 i have been taking adderall xr for s while...my doctor took me off the adderall and put me on the atripila...i recently couldnt concentrate on anything at work making my employer wonder what was going on....i keep asking my doctor if its ok to take the adderall and the atripila she says no...i recently stopped taking atripila and back on adderall...what do you suggest???

Response from Dr. Horwath

You should continue the Atripla. It is the medication that is most likely to improve your immune system, prevent opportunistic infections, and control the HIV infection.

You also should be able to take the Adderall along with the Atripla. Adderal is not a contraindication for taking antiretroviral medications.

I need a MH dr.
wife is hiv +ve & husband -ve