the use of Tetracyclines
Apr 28, 2008
My medical practice is dedicated to ADHD. I often have HIV children referred to me with developmental delays and ADHD for treatment. Tetracyclines have been shown to have CNS anti-inflamatory properties. Would HIV encephalopahy benefit?
Response from Dr. Horwath
There is a literature on treating HIV-infected children with tetracyclines for bacterial infections. But I know of no data on using tetracycline to treat HIV encephalopathy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts On The Labia Minor?
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.