I worry

my brother as AIDS was told in june 2007 he was only 20 yrs old he had pcp & cmv, but what i dont understand is that he was only sexuly active 18 mths before , why was it AIDS & not hiv. He is alot better now but i do worry4 him thanks, he loses his temper more now then ive ever seen him & he forgets stuff all the time he's even burnt 2 holes in my moms carpet plz help

Response from Dr. Horwath

This history is not consistent with the usual course of HIV infection. It is quite likely that your brother had some sexual activity more than 18 months before June 2007 or that he had some other source of exposure at an earlier date. The average time between infection and development of opportunistic infections like CMV is 10 years.

In any case, his emotional lability and memory impairment are worrisome. He should be evaluated by a psychologist or psychiatrist to see if he is suffering from significant cognitive impairment.

what does "average is 25 days" mean?
CAN U TAKE TRAZADONE WITH ANTIVIRALS