best graduate school for AIDS social work

I am planning to attend graduate school in social work and public health next fall and my focus is HIV affected families and adolescents. I did not expect to be accepted into as many schools as I have been and am wondering how much difference it makes professionally what school you go to, and especially if any one university is better for AIDS social work. I have to choose between Columbia University, UCLA and UC Berkeley. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

All three are wonderful schools. Your decision needs to be based on your interests. I am not intimately familiar with any of these schools curriculums so I am not able to advise you. You need to ask them about the possibility of doing your field placements in the field of HIV. Are you interested in clincial work, public policy or administration? Be very specific and interview the head of their office of field work to insure that there are placements in the field you are most interested in. ALso try to track down graduates and speak to them.

Sorry that I can not be more directly helpful. Best of luck.

MIchael Shernoff, MSW

HIV+ Husband
Worried well and not sure about mental counseling