AIDS vs HIV+

My ex-boyfriend was diagnosed with AIDS almost at the same time he met me. He was hospitalized with PCP and found out at that time. He has been very successful with his drug treatment plan and his T-Cell count keeps rising, as far as I know he hasn't had any opportunistic infections since the PCP, and his viral load is undetectable. Question: Does a person ever actually move from the status of having Aids into the HIV+ category? I was just wondering if someone like that is considered HIV+ at that point or has full-blown Aids. Also, he broke up with me two years ago after a 4 year relationship. He would not allow any intimacy between us and claims he didn't want to "bring me" into a life with someone like himself. Thinks it's for my best to go on and find someone who could give me a "full" life. Two years later I still think about him and long to be with him. My love for him extends way beyond the physical. I want to be there to support him but he totally withdrew. I left him alone hoping he would come back, but hasn't. We were living together and I honestly wanted a future with him. I have tried to get counseling for myself but I still feel the same way and miss him terribly. Could you please recommend someone I can talk to about this? I need to move on. I am very afraid to contact him after all this time. Just can't seem to be just friends with him. It goes way too deep. Thanks for your time and any help you can provide. Would like to remain anon.

Biologically, a person would rise from having AIDS to being HIV and potentially "asymptomatic". Of course, they are still infected with HIV. But improving their T cell count above 3 or 400 will remove them from any danger of developing opportunistic infections. MH

ONE BIG HOAX?
low cd4 and low viral?