DR's and Prescription medications

I have noticed the majority of HIV doctors have stopped helping when it comes to the needs of medications for depression and or other needs. I can understand there focus on just HIV alone, but when you happen to have something that the Medications are causing, and or the progression of AIDS the doctors still will not help treat you for thos certain issues, not to mention getting referrals and not having the money to make the copays to see the other doctors or sometimes specialist one may need to see because your DR who cares for youw with HIV will not or has stopped treating you for all those other things that come up and they know you cannot afford to go see other doctors, my question is " why are these HIV docotrs doing this ? obviously they do not realize there hurting the patients more than helping by doing this. however if the problems is extremely serious I can understand, but to keep going to all these other doctors you end up not being able to take the care you need for HIV it's self ??

Response from Dr. Horwath

I don't know what the situation is with your own doctor, but not every doctor has adequate training in the use of psychotropic drugs. He may feel that he does not have sufficient expertise to prescribe antidepressants safely.

However, if he can't he help you himself, he should be able to provide a referral to someone who can help.

Brain fog and HIV
Help for brother-nlaw