Jan 28, 2008
hi, my question is i had a friend stay at my house and she slept in my daughters bed, when i went to change the sheets i noticed blood on them also i noticed blood on a towel. im terrified my daughter touched the blood and then touch her eyes or had some broken skin. hoe long does hiv survive outside the body? some people say minutes? is she at risk?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
No, she is not at risk. Casual contact like this does not transmit HIV. Intimate contact is required, such as sexual contact or injecting infected blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Purple Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.