Increasing Brain Focus/Concentration

Since I've had HIV for 11 years I've had difficulties concentrating and my thinking has slowed. It is difficult to focus on tasks like studying at length. I also have problems with my short term memory. I am presently on Viread, Videx EX and Viramune. Is there anything that I can take to increase my brain activity and get me back to thinking more clearly?

Response from Dr. Horwath

HIV can cause difficulties with concentration, slowed thinking and short term memory impairment. However, this tends to occur only in those who have advancing HIV infection. The best treatment is an effective antiretroviral therapy if the cause is HIV infection. It's important to remember that if your current treatment is effective (ie. if you have undetectable viral load), then these memory and concentration problems may not be related to HIV infection at all.

hiv counselling
Rountine Blood Test at Physical Exam