HIV mental state

hello, Im just wondering whether HIV (at any stage), affects the persons mental situation.. I have developed impaired judgement in everyday situations that flucuates to extreme and low levels. I have extreme paranoia about everything, very low confidence. An example is: I went to the doctor and mentioned multiple problems at once and so it seemed as if im taking alot of time from the doctor. Now as far as i understood, it shoulda been fine but i felt very guilty and ashamed to be there with 3-4 problems in one session. is this normal? I couldnt tell because my judgement is terrible so i was completely awkward and uncomfortable Please respond to my question and if you dont know the answer, atleast guide me in the right direciton Thank you shaun

Response from Dr. Horwath

Yes, HIV can affect a person's mental state. However, you're describing feelings of guilt and shame that can occur in anyone. The problem doesn't appear to be impaired judgment, but excess guilt and shame. There is nothing wrong with mentioning several probems to your doctor. You're right to bring up your concerns with the doctor.

persistant anxiety!
Depression