How do I deal with my mother with HIV
Dec 1, 2007
My mother is 51yrs old and she casually told me she was HIV. I'm not sure how to handle it.
Response from Dr. Horwath
I'm not sure what exactly the difficulty is. Hopefully, she continues to be healthy for a long time. If you didn't know before, then I assume she hasn't been ill. If you have other questions about this, I would recommend talking to her about it. Since she told you, she appears to be open to talking about this subject.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Before Symptoms Show Up In HIV Positive Person?
- How Long Does Hiv Survive Outside The Body?
- What Causes False Positive Hep C Test?
- Without Treatment How Long Can You Live With AIDS
- How Long After Hiv Infection Do You Get Symptoms?
- Am I Going To Die If I Have Hiv And Taking Medications
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.