My son

My adopted son is 16 years old and he was recently diagnoses with HIV. My partner and I adopted him cause he was living in the streets and doing things like hustling. And he got HIV, and I am HIV+ as well, so I took to him right away and now he calls me dad. And we are his legal guardians. My question is, I know he has a hard time in school and he thinks no one will ever like him because somehow, word got around that he has this disease and most kids are not very nice... I wish I could do more to help him, but I dont know what to say. He gets scared of dying and sees this as the greatest death sentence... I try to be an encouragement, and we work out together and eat healthy. My partner is very helpful too, but I'm at a loss as what to say about his school situation... Thanks for your help :)

Response from Dr. Horwath

The school situation is difficult. Children can be cruel. I believe that you are doing the right thing by being supportive and spending time with him. The best help you can provide is by being there for him and encuraging him to find something positive in his life, something to enjoy and be hopeful about. Unfortunately, you cannot completely protect him from the cruelty of others.

Depressed, haplesss and impotence
My neighbor is hiv poz also but he is disclosing my status without consent to the neighbors. What can I do to make him stop?