Treatment? Why should I?

Ive been positive for 10yrs now and was undetectable with CD4 1000. 4yrs ago, I stopped my meds ( financial and personal reasons ). I feel like not even trying again. My partner( HIV - )left me this summer and I just don't have the will to take care of myself. My question is ( finally ) if I go untreated - What should I expect to happen to me and when?

Response from Dr. Horwath

With an undetectable viral load and CD4 count of 1,000, antiretroviral medications are not indicated. There is no way to accurately predict what to expect. You may remain relatively healthy for a number of years yet. Or you may develop the gradual onset of HIV-related symptoms. There is no way to know what will happen in the future.

sucide
memeory loss