sucide

I found out a week ago that I am HIV+. I have set a date to go to sleep forever. Why can my friends and love ones not understand that I am NOT willing to live with this? I am not depressed, nor sad or upset. I would do the same if it were a brain tumor. I have already gotten all my affairs in order, method chosen and arrangements made. I only want them to understand this is my choice and not theirs. I refuse to live with this or any other illness. My question is how to make them understand this is what I want and not ever person wishes to live with pills and side effects.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Of course this is your choice. Each of us has the responsibility for his own life. Each of us can choose ultimately how to live and whether to continue to live. However, you are asking too much for your friends to be understanding if you choose to end your life. Although it is your choice and not theirs, your friends and loved ones will be deeply hurt if you take your life. Your actions will affect their lives as well. If you decide to go ahead and hurt them, then you cannot expect them to go along with it. You may insist on having control over your own fate, but you have no right to insist on controlling their response to your actions.

dyskinesia
Treatment? Why should I?