Should I enter a therapy group?

I have only been w/ my partner for 1 year, and will always keep him #1, but he has difficulty talking about his POS status. I'm NEG, but I go into depression thinking about how much time he has, often seeing him tired, and depressed himself. I feel lately, there's not enough of me to go around. It's all I think about...then to think about HOW he got it, and WHO he got it from...I get so angry and can hardly control myself. It's gotten better, but I need a professional opinion.

Response from Dr. Horwath

From the sound of your message, you are having some difficulty with his HIV status too. You are preoccupied with what happened in the past. You would be much better served by focusing on the present and how best to move forward. You should get yourself some therapy to help you adapt to the situation. For some people with concerns like this, group therapy with others in similar circumstances can be quite helpful.

How to Carry on
watched, and strange feelings