How to Carry on

I would like to know how to manage, ... everyday all I think about is being HIV+. How can I stayed focused at work, since without my job, I think I will fall into despair and poverty ?

My only hope is for a cure, which is very unlikely to materialize.

Response from Dr. Horwath

HIV infection may not be curable at this time, but there is good treatment to manage it. And if you are able to manage it, hopefully you can continue working. There is no reason for despair. Your preoccupation with HV and trouble focusing on anything else is a sure sign of anxiety. Perhaps you could get some psychiatric treatment to help you stay beter focused on your work and other important functions.

low CD4 and depression / anxiety
Should I enter a therapy group?