low CD4 and depression / anxiety
Oct 20, 2007
Can a low CD4 (below 50) affect your mental health (depression, anxiety, etc)? I am not depressed due to the low CD4. Is it possible as my meds that I have just started (Truvada and Reyataz with booster) kick in more, will my depression / anxiety naturally diminish?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Low CD4 doesn't generally cause depression,but advancing AIDS can contribute to fatigue, apathy and low energy. When your meds start to improve your illness, you should start to feel better and have more energy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.