Do we contract disease the following way?
Sep 2, 2007
I got a forwarded email which said that a woman got AIDS because he ate some food which was cooked by the chef who had AIDS and had a cut in the finger which lead to the infected blood get into the food. That was the so called reason for the woman of contracting the disease. Can that ever happen? I find it hard to believe.
Response from Dr. Horwath
No, HIV is not transmitted through food.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom Scared To Death
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.