ELISA TEst

Hi Doc, Could you just clarify to us all regarding the Elisa Test? Are these tests the same in all countries? I have heard that some countries like Australia are more advanced and needs only 6 weeks to test for confirmation, while others still rely on the 3 months or 6 months to test for confirmation. Why is it not standard?How do I know if the test I am getting is 'globally' accepted standard?

Response from Dr. Horwath

The ELISA test does have a standard method. The main difference bewteen labs is the speed of returning test results.

pimecrolimus and HIV antibody test accuracy?
Cognitive impairment or senior moments?