Sep 2, 2007
Hi Doc, Could you just clarify to us all regarding the Elisa Test? Are these tests the same in all countries? I have heard that some countries like Australia are more advanced and needs only 6 weeks to test for confirmation, while others still rely on the 3 months or 6 months to test for confirmation. Why is it not standard?How do I know if the test I am getting is 'globally' accepted standard?
Response from Dr. Horwath
The ELISA test does have a standard method. The main difference bewteen labs is the speed of returning test results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Top
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Giving Handjob?
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.