|pimecrolimus and HIV antibody test accuracy?
Sep 2, 2007
My situation here is that i had an exposure about one year back and i recently got tested for HIV antibody test and the result was negative. Unfortunately i was using pimecrolimus may be once in every ten days in the same past one year. Do you think because i used pimecrolimus, it will affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
No, a topical cream like pimecrolimus only has a local effect. No significant amount is absorbed and it does not affect the HIV antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.