Sep 2, 2007
Ok, well i have a question similar to one that i had read on here, but i took two ora quick tests, and one was with the finger prick (came out negative) and the other was with oral fluids (also came out negative). I've never had symptoms of HIV, and rarely every get sick. those were my first time to get tested for it. And i did both of them within about two weeks distance from eachother. I havent had sex, but i used to when i was younger about 3 or 4 years ago. My question is, Can those antibody test still detect HIV antibodies after that long?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Once a person has HIV infection, the Elisa test (HIV antibody test) will remain positive indefinitely.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.