does valtrex affect HIV antibody test result?

Dear Dr. Ewald, In April 2001, i was mistakengly diagnosed as HSV2 positive, and they gave me valtrex for fifteen days, one capsule every day. I have been reading your archives, some one asking about combinations of citalopram and alcohol. I had an exposure 6 years ago and I got tested seven times and everytime the HIV elisa antibody test result is negative, I used vatlrex only once in 2001 for fifteen days. I used to drink alcohol everyday and even take citalopram 20 mg every day.

So Does the combination(valtrex for fifteen days in 2001, alcohol and citalopram affect the HIV antibody test result? I am really worried as to what to do, could you please answer. After 7 negative elisa HIV tests in the past 6 years, i dont know what else should i get tested for. The exposure i had was more than six years ago, i have no signs or symptoms, except my depression factor.

Response from Dr. Horwath

After 7 negative tests, you can be confident that the results are accurate. The Valtrex you took in 2001 has nothing to do with your test results.

girl born with HIV?
Living with HIV