increasing dexadrine dose

Dr.I am 48,male and have been on dexadrine since 1992-for add,energy and depression-aids since 89'. In 04-my dose was upped to 45mg-daily-I need more now to function-Is a dose of 60mg-daily unreasonable-I have read that is highest dose for this medication?

Response from Dr. Horwath

If that dose is what works for, then the chief concern is whether it causes you any significant side effects. Dexadrine can have some adverse effects, especially at higher doses, like increased blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, insomnia. You should go over this with your doctor and make sure he monitors you for side effects.

Lying to a child
OCD and HIV