Lying to a child

Hi I would like to ask if my response to a situation is reasonable. My daughter's step dad told her brother that he shouldn't be around me because I was sick. Obviously it is well known that HIV is not spread by casual contact. I was outraged after I heard her brother tell that to his mom. I did not say a word in front of the young child and waited to react to the mom. While I thought I was just speaking to mom I was talking loud expressing anger and shock at what he told a child while all the evidence clearly shows different. My daughter overheard me and doesn't understand why I was angry. Yes I do have HIV but it is safe to be in the same room as me. Did I over react by being outraged?

Response from Dr. Horwath

I think you are justified in feeling in feeling upset. The question is how best to educate other people about the facts of HIV infection. If you can do it calmly. it might be more effective, but I can understand your outrage.

dementia
increasing dexadrine dose