Jul 25, 2007
my brother has been giving 6 months to live. his tcells are b24 idon't know what to expect or how to help him will his body justshut down.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Doctors will sometimes make estimates about how long someone has to live. Their estimates are not always right, but you should take your brother's condition very seriously. With so few T-cells he as at a grave risk to develop an infection that his body cannot fight. It is often an infection that is the final illness that causes the death of a person with AIDS. The best way to help him is to let him know that you will be there with him.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does AIDS Dementia Last?
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.