|Do u always contract HIV everytime You have sex?
Jul 19, 2007
Dear Dr., I am a very paranoid person as you can see. Like the title implies, will a person catch HIV the first time that they have unprotected sex? Or can they get lucky and not catch it?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
If you have unprotected sex, then the risk of HIV infection depends mostly on whether your sexual partner is HIV positive. Since you have no sure way of knowing your partner's HIV status, then the safest thing to do is to always use condoms when having sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- Statistics For Contracting Hiv First Time Having Sex With A Person
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.