acute hiv and skin conditions
Jul 19, 2007
I am a man and had unprotected sex with a girl three weeks ago and am wondering if acute hiv has any effect on your skin. I have a very mild rash on my chest and pubic region, and my hands have been raw and peeling with small red spots which come and go. I have no fever, swollen lymphs, or sore throat. Does acute hiv effect the hands or skin?
Response from Dr. Horwath
A rash is associated with acute HIV infection in as many as 50% of cases. The rash usually does not itch, is distributed over the upper trunk and limbs, and might involve the palms and soles. It usually resolves within 1 to 2 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.