|Viral laod and CD4 levels
Jul 19, 2007
My friends viral load is undetectable and his CD4 levels are about 600, could you please explain what this means to me and the risks of contracting HIV through intercourse.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
When someone has an undetectable viral load, then they are at lower risk of transmitting HIV infection. But there still is a risk. You need to use condoms to protect yourself from HIV infection if you plan to have intercourse with your friend.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.