Viral laod and CD4 levels
Jul 19, 2007
My friends viral load is undetectable and his CD4 levels are about 600, could you please explain what this means to me and the risks of contracting HIV through intercourse.
Response from Dr. Horwath
When someone has an undetectable viral load, then they are at lower risk of transmitting HIV infection. But there still is a risk. You need to use condoms to protect yourself from HIV infection if you plan to have intercourse with your friend.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.