Friend in another state is HIV+, How can I be supportive?
Jul 11, 2007
My friend lives in Ohio, and I live in California. He just told me he was diagnosed in november. I want so much to go out there and be there for him. Money makes this impossible. How can I be supportive online and over the phone?
Response from Dr. Horwath
You need to let him know that you are there for him and that you are willing to be helpful in any way that you can. Apart from that, be a friend to him like you have alwaays been.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Hairy Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Risk Of Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.