Jul 9, 2007
I am wondering if I might be at risk for HIV. I had sexual contact with a male for the first time a few weeks ago. He has told me he is HIV negative and does not have any STDs but you never know I suppose. We had oral sex but not anal sex. He did not ejaculate into my mouth. Am I at risk?
Response from Dr. Horwath
The risk for HIV from what you did is relatively low, but you need to use condoms in the future is you want to protect yourself adequately from HIV infection. The risk from oral sex is low, but it is not zero. For this reason, you should use protection at all times.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.