Jul 9, 2007
I am wondering if I might be at risk for HIV. I had sexual contact with a male for the first time a few weeks ago. He has told me he is HIV negative and does not have any STDs but you never know I suppose. We had oral sex but not anal sex. He did not ejaculate into my mouth. Am I at risk?
Response from Dr. Horwath
The risk for HIV from what you did is relatively low, but you need to use condoms in the future is you want to protect yourself adequately from HIV infection. The risk from oral sex is low, but it is not zero. For this reason, you should use protection at all times.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- White Bumps On Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.