What can I do?????

Hi Dr. Horwath.

After being six weeks in a relationship I found out that my partner is HIV+. He knew it since three years. First it was a big shock but eventually I got my head around.

He lives in Africa where the population with HIV + is about 30%. He is very irresponsible sometimes and he dosnt think that sleeping with someone and not telling them is nothing. On one side he is very relaxed with his illness on the other side he is sometimes up the whole night thinking that he might die soon. He nearly died three years ago on TB. He wont openly talk to me about it. Or I have to question him really hard.

My question whats going on with this man??? Should I leave the relationship if he dosnt want to take responiblity

Response from Dr. Horwath

You will need to decide what you want to do with this relationship, but you should seriously ask yourself why you are involved with someone who cares so little for you that he did not inform you that he is HIV positive and he thinks this is no big deal. On top of that he won't talk to you about it.

If you decide to stay involved with him, it seems to me that this is a very self-destructive action.

CD4 < 20
can't find psyciatrist to take P. Aid