HIV and brain
Jul 8, 2007
if the hiv virus has affected the brain and one is feeling confused and paranoid, is there a cure for ones brain?
Response from Dr. Horwath
HIV can affect the brain, but that usually happens in people who have very advanced AIDS. The best treatment for HIV-associated cognitive problems is effective antiretroviral medication. I've seen a number of patients with HIV-associated dementia have a remarkable recovery of their mental capacity after starting antiretroviral medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Fatigue Last?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Precum?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Nipple Sucking How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Tattoo
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.