Jul 8, 2007
Hello. I had one of the "new" rapid HIV tests yesterday. It came back positive. They are running a confirmation test to make sure. I was told that these (20 mins tests) are 99.9% accurate by the tester. While my reaction has been fairly normal (ie: going out of my mind) I can't help but wonder how reliable these things really are. Do you have any info on reliability. I'm 27 and play safe, but now I'm wondering.
Response from Dr. Horwath
Yes, the rapid HIV tests that are now being used in medical facilities are extremely accurate. You can be confident about the results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Anal Warts?
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.