Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Advise
Jun 26, 2007

I have a friend that is HIV positive and because they are on meds they seem to think having unprotected sex with multiple people is ok. I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place cause i don't know if I should say something to the people they have been with or what? This person also got a letter from their Dr. recently saying for the first time in 10 years their viral load is undetectable so now they have stopped taking their meds!! I feel this is so dangerous Please help.

Response from Dr. Horwath

I believe that you should speak to your friend about his or her behavior. What he's doing is wrong and endangers others. As for telling the others, this is a difficult undertaking and should not be done lightly. The fact is that each person is responsible for protecting themselves when they engage in sex. But people do impusive and reckless things sometimes. If you contribute to someone better protecting themselves, then you have done a good service.

Previous
Atripla/ SSRI / CNS Side Effects
Next
Is there a way to tell when it's all about to be over.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.