|HIV for 12 years
Jun 24, 2007
My boyfriend has NEVER been tested for HIV! He has 5 kids by 3 diffrent moms!! Is it possible to have HIV for 12 years and not know it? I believe one of his mothers is HIV positive..yet they haven'y had sex in 12 years.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Yes, unfortunately it is possible to have HIV for 12 years without knowing it. This may not be typical, but it is possible.
Your boyfriend has obviously had unprotected sex a number of times since he has 5 kids. He is at risk for having HIV infection, as are you if you've had unprotected sex with him. I advise you both to be tested for HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.